Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day



Christmas Day was a beautiful, amazing, blessed day. I can only credit the Grace of God and thank those who lifted our family up in prayer. Speaking for myself (and isn't that what this blog is for anyway?), I had mere moments of melancholy; overall, a truly blessed day.

We were SO blessed. The kids had many, many presents with the Christmas Wish and the hospital helping out for them. And us. Leland and I had many unexpected blessings as well. I recieved some wonderful yummy smelling bath items, a framed print I had coveted many moons ago (which soon gets its very own blog post!). Leland got a beautiful trench coat. And the kids.. Kayleigh recieved My Little Ponies, Barbies, etc. The boys got Spy Gear, and books, and movies. Everyone was pleased and blessed. We didn't have to cook. We had a calm easy morning, laid Kayleigh down for a much needed nap and after she awoke, headed out to Leland's mom's for dinner. We were pleased to not get stuck coming or going!

We had started our whole day with a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday to you, Dear Jesus". I acknowledge that all of our blessings are gifts from our Saviour God who loves us. I am grateful for those in our lives who share their blessings with us so we continue to physically be reminded of that Love.

No comments: