Tuesday, June 16, 2009

IOW Tuesday - June 16, 2009


I'm late getting to In Other Words Tuesday. (Yeah, big surprise). I wasn't sure I was going to do it. I'm sad today. Of course, that doesn't make today much different from a lot of days.


I've been wondering lately, if I'm just going to be sad for the rest of my life. I find myself thinking "Where is God in all this? Where is MY joy?" But here is what I KNOW to be true. Jesus loves me. "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." (Psalm 9:10). The Lord will not forsake me, I just keep turning to Him.


In spite of my sadness, I DO have peace in my soul. I do occasionally question that. I question my faith. I often get hung up on my FEELINGS. When this happens, I try to remind myself of what is Truth. When Seth's loss was fresher, I would chant to myself, out loud, almost as if it was a "mantra", usually in my vehicle; "God is good, He loves me, He is Enough," over and over. For even when I do NOT FEEL it, I KNOW that to be true.


I just keep pressing in to Christ.


“In trouble then and fear I sought

The Man who taught in Galilee;

And peace unto my soul was brought,

All my faith came back to me.”

~ Anonymous


Head over to Shortybears Place and see what Denise and others have to say about this quote.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for God to replace your sadness with much joy sweetie.

Steph said...

Happiness does come back, mingled with the sadness. It does get better, even though you'll always miss him. It has for me, anyway. Hold on.

Alyssa said...

im a new blogger and i think its great how you serve the lord.