Saturday, June 6, 2009

TSMSS - You Are My Sunshine



I"m late getting this up today.. I haven't been paying much attention to the blog this week. (What's that? You hadn't noticed? Oh well, carry on then.) We've had a busy week, on Thursday we brought home a NEW puppy! Remember this contest? Well, Sheba is home! (By the way, if anyone knows J.D. who won, please have her contact me! She didn't leave an email address and doesn't appear to have a blog. I WOULD like to get her prize to her). However in picking up Sheba, there was a small accident involving a deck and I rolled my ankle. It's a pretty bad sprain (self-diagnosed). So I've been limping around, trying to keep my foot elevated, and still take care of the kids AND the brand new, not-yet-housebroken puppy! And thus, the blog has been neglected. (Not that you noticed).

So I hadn't been thinking much about Then Sings My Soul Saturday. So I was sitting here this afternoon, wondering what to post, and I had an idea. I could share the kids' songs! Yes, my kids each receive their "own" song that I sing to them! (Doesn't everybody do that?)

I'm going to start with oldest and work down.. Sean's song was "You are my sunshine". I used to sing "You are my son, Sean".. tee hee. I know it's silly but it works.



The video has a silly voice, but it works. Do YOU have a song for your kids? Please share in my comments! Over the next few weeks, I'll share the rest of the kids' songs.

8 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Awww, I sang 3 songs to my boy every night when he was little, one that I made up for him, You Are My Sunshine, and Skinny-ma-rinky-dinky-dink!

My girl had different ones - one made up for her, There's No One Exactly Like Me, and Jesus Loves Me.

It's funny how they just worked out that way!

Shana Putnam said...

That is the song I sang to Blaze while I was pregnant and I still do!

Sherrylinn said...

I love this, brings back such wonderful memories of when our kiddos were young. Praying your ankle heals quickly.

Unknown said...

I love that song! So sweet and yes, my twinks each have their own special song too:)

Thank you for coming by today! I really appreciate it!

L Harris said...

this is my almost 4yodd's song. Her choice. It's on my blog somewhere too. different video though.

Steph said...

Ha ha--I do the same thing--making up silly words to songs with my kids' names. I do it pretty much all day long, so they probably think I'm crazy. :)

Let's see, there's Ellie-McBellie in the deep blue sea (sung to Baby Beluga for Brielle), and I'm a little teapot, short and cute (for Annika). And too many other goofy things to even try to write down. :)

Arlene said...

hey kathy i love this song! sometime in the past someone special calls me "his sunshine" so i never ever forget this song.

Sarah said...

wow, it's my first time here. Thanks for sharing the song