Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me Monday - June 15, 2009



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not get my Not-Me Monday up last week (really, I didn't), so I am NOT drawing on the last two weeks to fill this post!

I did NOT let Kayleigh eat an ice cream sandwich for breakfast because I was simply too tired to fight her over it. Seriously, who does that? Not me, not at OUR house!

I did NOT spend a whole day at work, recently, with MckMama's blog open on my computer (minimized). I did NOT periodically refresh waiting to get to 13,000. I did NOT capture photographic evidence of 13,000,001 and I was most certainly NOT disappointed when MckMamam let 13 million roll by without a mention. Not me, not at OUR house (or my office)!

I have NOT let our new puppy occasionally chew on our furniture because I am simply too tired to be vigilant EVERY. Single. Second. (Oh, no, are we seeing a theme here?) Never happened. Not me, not at OUR house.

I did not schedule myself to be in two places at once on Thursday morning, a coffee date for me, and an eye appointment for Kayleigh. I was not so annoyed with my husband yesterday (over a scheduling thing HE did "not" do) that I have seriously considered keeping my coffee date and sending HIM to the eye appointment with Kayleigh and her brothers. Not me, not at OUR house.

I did not roll my ankle when picking up our new puppy 10 days ago. If I had, I would certainly have iced, elevated, and stayed off of it as much as possible. I would NOT be watching the changing colors on my foot and said toes and using it as normal. Never happen, not me, not at our house!

I did not spend a few days last week neglecting my blog because I was simply too tired to feel like I could put together a coherent sentence. (Oh, are we back to that earlier mentioned theme thing?). Not me! Not at our house.

I did not drive in to work half an hour early today JUST so I would have time to put a Not-Me-Monday post. That would never happen! Not me, not at our house. OR my office!

Head on over to MckMama's to see what others have "not" been doing this week! Trust me, it'll make you feel better. Or at least, a lot less alone!

6 comments:

Della said...

Heh, I probably SHOULD have driven to work early so I could make up my post instead of doing it during (and after) lunch... you were way more responsible than I was :)

I mean, weren't. Because that totally didn't happen, right? :)

Unknown said...

Great Not Me post! AND, you SHOULD take care of that ankle. I would send the hubby to the appt. too. You deserve a break. :)

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Great Not Me Monday!

Thanks so much for stopping by...we'd love to have you join us whenever you are able!! =)

kortney said...

"I did not roll my ankle when picking up our new puppy 10 days ago. If I had, I would certainly have iced, elevated, and stayed off of it as much as possible. I would NOT be watching the changing colors on my foot and said toes and using it as normal. Never happen, not me, not at our house!"

That's me, except with my knee right now - what mom's do!!!

L Harris said...

That's great! That's hilarious! Good work. Sounds like my house. My kids had cake for breakfast.

Leslie said...

Don't fret about the ice cream sandwich. One of my students came to school with chocolate all over her face. I asked her what she had for breakfast and she replied, with a smile, "Pudding."

I hope your foot isn't broken! My son broke his foot on Saturday night. You weren't skateboarding by any chance, were you?