Thursday, March 19, 2009
Thankful Thursday - March 19, 2009
I know it's late in the day, but I'm going to give Thankful Thursday, as hosted by Truth 4 the Journey a shot!
The five things I'm thankful for today.
1. I"m thankful for a patient kind husband. Truly he is. He doesn't complain (much) when I get crabby, sad or depressed... He's been SUPER understanding about my inability to get motivated to get things done. I possess that in general, especially in regards to house stuff, but more lately since Seth.
2. I'm thankful to have an environment I am mostly comfortable in. Our home. Our church family. Our community. I had a great vacation (and I wish the weather here were better right now) but if absence makes the heart grow fonder, it doesn't take much time away to make me grateful for home.
3. I"m thankful for great friends. Friends who do things like THIS for me. Yep, I have some truly amazing firends, most of them sisters in Christ. I am a blessed woman.
4. I'm SO thankful for God's blessings and provision. For how REAL He provides in our lives. I haven't shared as much about our Disney trip as I intend to (still coming) but God showed up in AMAZING ways. AMAZING. AWESOME ways. At least once a day (intentionally nad that I remember, I'm sure it was more than that), I looked heavenward and thanked God for His grace.
5. I'm thankful, SO thankful, for Sean and Cary and Kayleigh. For the joy and treasure they bring into our lives, MY life, EVERY single day. They are such amazing kids. There are so many things I always want to remember. The way Kayleigh said "Mickey not scary" after she saw him the first time. (And this was after weeks of "This one scare me (Mickey), I go see THIS one (Minnie)"). Sean and I riding Space Mountain for the first time together and getting off saying "THAT WAS SO AWESOME." Cary, who so enjoyed his time with Alex (son of a friend of mine whom we met at Disneyland), that he wanted to know when he'd see Alex again before he wanted to know when we'd be back at Disneyland.
Well, there! I like Thankful Thursday. That's a pretty impressive list, really. Thank you, Lord, for putting these things in my life. For BEING IN my life.