Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thankul Thursday 1/1/09 AND #1

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Well it seems appropriate to have my first Thankful Thursday ever also be the first day of a brand new year. Happy New Year! These are the things I'm thankful for as we enter 2009.

1. I'm thankful for Seth. It took me awhile to get there, and I still have days when I don't understand why (I never understand why). But for awhile after losing him, I really struggled with wanting to erase that he'd ever happened, his time here just seemed so short. I'm grateful for the time we did have to love on him, for the lessons we're still learning because of him and for the people God brought into my life through our time with Seth.

2. I'm thankful for Sean, Cary & Kayleigh. I know that if I didn't have them when we lost Seth, I'd have still had the Lord. But every day I have a reason to get out of bed as Kayleigh is calling out "I go pee... I GO PEE" and Cary is demanding to be fed. (Sean's pretty self sufficient in the am, as long as he's got NFL network or PS3 he's good!)

3. I'm thankful for our families. We would have had a much more difficult time managing everything with Seth over the last year without the help of my mom. When push came to shove, my sister, my mom & my dad, all left their homes & basically their lives, and came to help us. I don't think I express that gratitude often enough.

4. I'm thankful for our church family. We are so incredibly blessed to be in fellowship with a group of people who are trying to truly love as Christ commanded. I was going to start thanking specific people except every time I came up with one I thought "Oh, then I also have to thank so & so" and we'll be here all day if I start that! I'm sure they know who they are but I'm extremely thankful for their willingness to come alongside us during an extremely difficult time, even if it wasn't convenient or easy for them.

5. I'm SO thankful for the Lord in my life. The Saviour OF my life. All the previous things I've listed are gifts from Him. How amazing that I am loved that much just by being. Thank you, Lord,for this journey but mostly, thank you for Your presence on this road.

And there we are! You can check out other Thankful Thursdays by clicking on the button at the top of this post. (This was good for me. I hope I can manage this every week.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And we are thankful for YOU! Opening your life and heart to us so that we may share a bit of the joy you and your faimly brings.
Have a great new year!!
Millie and Colin

Unknown said...

Oh, and I just read the last post, and not me monday is so funny!! I never wrote about it, but read MckMamas blog and the others who post. LOL

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'm glad you're surrounded by such blessings in your life. May you continue to have this support in 2009 and for as long as you may need it.

Emily said...

I love the idea of Thankful Thursday. I have just found your blog but wanted to thank you for posting on my stepping stones blog.

It took me a long time to find anything to be thankful for when Gabriel died, but I am thankful that I got to be his mom at all. If I could have the whole memory of him erased and the pain gone I would still want the pain because I can also feel the tender love for my son and for being his mom. If that even makes sense.

Let me know if you would like us to write Seth's name for our sandwritten blog (sandwritten.blogspot.com)

((hugs)) emily