Saturday, October 4, 2008

September 21, 2008

I wish I had a good update for today but it's not. I mean that qualitatively AND quantitatively. We're at the point where good info is hard to come by!

The doctors are VERY concerned about Seth's neurological condition. The neurologist examined him this morning (Leland & I were not there because we were all at church). They ordered an EEG which they are letting run a LONG time (basically, until the leads start falling off his head).

It's all very confusing to Leland and I as Seth seems to be exhibiting withdrawal like symptoms but the nurses and doc think he might be having seizures, etc. One of the ped icu docs today was NOT very encouraging (at all).

Today is Leland's birthday. As we didn't go shopping, Cary cobbled together a present for his dad from stuff he owns. One of the items was a "prayer box" that he made several years ago at a VBS. Leland handed it to me and said "read the bottom".

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" (i think it's Romans 12:12). Our God is so faithful to encourage us with that now and we're clinging to that and praying for Seth.

Thank you for holding us up in this difficult time. (I"ll send an update tomorrow and hope to have better news.. or at least EEG results).

No comments: