Tuesday, September 16, 2008

February 22, 2008


Week 33


It's a lot harder to send out these updates when they arent overwhelmingly positive!

This has been a busy week. I saw my ob on Wed. Just for "fun" he measured me and I'm measuring 43 weeks.. Yeah, no wonder I feel huge! Also he ran a blood test called a hemoglobin A1cg (or something) that gives an "average" for blood sugars over the past few weeks or month.. This was done because the perinatologists keep questioning how well my blood sugars are being managed since that can be one of the causes of polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid). Dr. Richards said we wanted to see below 7, 6 would be ideal. We got a 5.4! Woo hoo! So THAT was awesome! (and again I was told "It's practically unheard of that we shouldn't have upped your insulin by now." YAY GOD!).

On Thursday, we had another Non stress test and fluid check. Quick recap, when this was originally brought to my attention as a problem we were at 39. Last week, 29. (Above 24 is abnormal). This week we're back at 37. They're going to continue checking it weekly.

I told someone this week that roller coasters are fun, for about 3 minutes. I'm getting a little weary!

Next week will be busy, we see the pediatric cardiologist and have more nsts..


No comments: