Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Week 31


So, we've started the twice weekly non stress tests (Last week). It's a pain to have to leave work on Mondays for this, and figure out child care for Thursdays but we're getting it done...

I saw my ob yesterday. Everything checked out fine there. He was quite impressed with my recent blood sugar levels. "It's practically unheard of that I should have not had to up your insulin levels by now" I shared that people are praying, and that includes for my blood sugars! :)

Today (Thursday), we had another growth ultrasound. And again, we can put this doctor's visit in the "It's always SOMETHING" category. The good news is baby looks good size wise. He's measuring 32 weeks, 5 days, and last ultrasound, he measured 1 week, 5days ahead so that's not accelerating. However, it was briefly mentioned last ultrasound that we had increased amniotic fluid. I didn't ask the number and they didn't tell me.. I found out today that at our last ultrasound, our AFI (amniotic fluid index) was 35. "Polyhydramnios" (too much amniotic fluid) is apparently anything over 24. Today we're at 38. The concern is that it will just continue to increase, if that happens and we get to 40-45, most likely the doctor will want to drain some of that fluid.. In the meantime, the extra fluid we do already have is putting pressure on baby and his left heart muscle is becoming "fibroelastic". I admit, I don't know what that means exactly but it didn't sound good.

Those were the only things that were specifically mentioned today. We'll have another ultrasound on Thursday next week to re-check fluid level.

In the meantime, I'd certainly appreciate prayers for baby Seth's healing, for the amniotic fluid level to stabilize, and for me to continue to be covered by God's peace (since it's pretty easy to get discouraged by all this..).

No comments: