Sunday, September 21, 2008

April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday baby Brother!


I would probably not send this out today except that so many people tell me how much they appreciate getting them, I"m a little afraid I"d be deluged w/complaints if I missed a day!

Today actually looked much like yesterday.. The cardiologist came in and said "welll, your son will NOT be pushed." And the surgeon said he was going to move at his own pace, which appears to be: "Slow, slower, slowest". ha ha. Actually, they are trying to wean Seth off the ventilator TONIGHT but when I spoke to his nurse a few minutes ago, it didn't sound like it was going off w/out a hitch. I can update on THAT tomorrow!

THey have cut back on some ofhis meds quite a bit, he does seem to be experiencing some withdrawal symptoms from the various sedatives & pain killers he was on post op. Please pray for that to resolve quickly.

All in all, not a ton of new stuff.. The drs say he is getting better and we just stay the course. thank you!

No comments: